Many people believe that rhinoplasty surgery is not complicated and does not require great skill on the part of the surgeon. But that's not the case, these operations are technically complex, with unpredictable results. They are performed only by experienced and highly qualified doctors.
How to choose the best rhinoplasty surgeon
The nose is an important organ responsible for thermoregulating incoming air, for "clean" breathing, and also has an olfactory function. If difficulties arise during the procedure, the consequences will not appear immediately, but after a while. Therefore, it is important to choose not only a clinic, but also a highly professional doctor.
About clinical reviews
The reviews left on the clinic's websites are not always true, there are positive personalized reviews to increase the rating. Therefore, it is better to focus on reliable sources or select doctors on the recommendations of friends and acquaintances. There are several basic rules on how to understand that a review is bought. Ways to recognize personalized reviews:
- missing photographs;
- the review is small, only general phrases;
- typical reviews are on other sites.
If there are no patients of aesthetic medicine among your acquaintances, independently find as much information as possible about the operation, where it is better to do rhinoplasty and which doctor is suitable for this. Search for information:
- Make a list of plastic surgeons in your city who perform this type of procedure (if you live in a large metropolitan area, the list will be long). Sure, you can broaden the list to include doctors from other cities and countries, but it's a good idea to start with the city where you live.
- Collection of additional information. Detailed information about each specialist is posted on the website of the center, so look at the length of service, the level of competence, the types of operations performed, the availability of certificates and documents confirming advanced training, as well as other interesting facts. Most of the candidates must be removed from the list received.
- Personal communication. Once you've chosen several doctors for you, be sure to sign up for a personal consultation with them. During personal communication, clarify questions of interest, see how the doctor behaves, if you like to communicate with him. He is up to you to choose, so you should listen to yourself, your feelings.
If the doctor has a video portfolio, be sure to watch the appropriate videos, this will show how professionally the doctor performs the procedures, how he approaches clients' situations, and what the result is.
Cost of service
The services of a highly skilled rhinoplasty cannot be cheap, consider it when choosing. Free of charge, such operations are performed only when you receive an acute facial injury (nose fracture) or someone who has persistent nasal obstruction due to nasal septal deformity. In other cases, rhinoplasty will be subject to a fee.
Large plastic surgery centers often organize possible promotions, contests, where there is a chance to get a free operation or get a discount on the service. It is also worth taking advantage of. However, even in this case, before the procedure, consult your doctor for possible contraindications and consequences.
Periodically, doctors perform free operations when they improve their skills or switch to new methods of work (there is no experience of such operations yet), or the patient has an interesting case that will help rhinoplasty to climb the career ladder and refine his skills.
The best rhinoplasty surgeons
Consider the most sought after rhinoplasty doctors in the world.
World rhinoplasty (best surgeons)
Oscar Ramirez (United States)
Leading surgeon in the world of plastic surgery. Over 30 years of experience, he performs operations of varying complexity. Also published in popular publications, he is active in medical practice.
Enrico Robotti (Italy)
The qualifications of maxillofacial surgeon and other achievements make Enrico the most popular doctor in Italy. Over 30 years of experience. Rhinoplasty is often done in an open way. Vice President of the Rhinoplasty Society of Europe.
Wolfgang Gubish (Germany)
Otolaryngologist of the highest category, he has the title of Doctor of Philosophy from the University of Würzburg. He only performs open rhinoplasty.
Yves Saban (France)
Oral and maxillofacial surgeon, MD, invited speaker at numerous world conferences in Algeria, Asia, etc. He performs operations only in a closed way. The cost of the procedures varies according to the complexity.
Yeghiazaryan Gevorg Yurievich (Armenia)
Every year he improves his qualifications, possesses the latest medical achievements in the field of open and closed rhinoplasty. He works on primary and secondary rhinoplasty.
Yatskevich Oleg Stepanovich (Belarus)
First-rate associate professor, candidate of medical sciences. He did an internship in Italy, knows innovative working methods in plastic surgery, performs operations of various complexity.
How to choose the right plastic surgery center
An operation such as rhinoplasty is a complicated procedure, where it is best to do it, choose carefully. A prerequisite for visiting the center is that the institution has a license to carry out this type of activity. It is also worth paying attention inside the clinic, how pleasant it is to be inside the room.
Criteria for choosing a plastic surgery center
To select an institution, you can use various criteria, consider the most basic:
- availability of officially confirmed licenses and other documents necessary for the implementation of the activities;
- after computer modeling of the future shape of the nose, a professional will not guarantee 100% similarity. There is always the possibility to change the shape of the nose by a couple of millimeters;
- before the procedure, it is mandatory to conduct a medical examination of the upper and lower respiratory tract and other tests prescribed by the doctor;
- the service catalog should contain real images of patients, if a new technology is introduced and there are still no visible results, then it is worth looking for another cosmetology center;
- it is mandatory to stipulate an agreement with the center, otherwise, in the event of complaints, you will not be able to submit them.
Plastic clinics and rhinoplasts of the world discussed in the article will help you decide on the choice of a doctor. Sign up personally for a consultation with a doctor before entering into an agreement with a specific plastic surgery center.